[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: jboss as a windows service cannot stop

sagimann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 1 03:37:24 EDT 2007

PeterJ,
Sorry, I've just seen your post... I've found the problem: my app server was using a non default RMI port. If I change it back to the default port, the service is able to stop. Thanks for the info about shutdown.bat - it helped me with diagnostics.

However, I still need a non-default port for my implementation. Do you know how to provide the correct RMI URL to jbosssvc.exe? I now know that I can shut it down manually using:
shutdown.bat -s=localhost:my_rmi_port> -S
But when I try to stop the service using Control Panel or "net stop", it still tries to use the default URL: localhost:1099.

pls advise,
thanks..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090102#4090102

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090102