[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Question on Injection an Context

hasc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 1 08:49:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

i have some trouble propably because of a misunderstanding with resrouce injection.

I have a Stateful bean in conversation scope. The bean is responsible for managing some user input. The user data is stored in an object (calculation) which is injected in the manager bean.

  | @Stateful
  | @Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | @Name("manager")
  | public class CalculationManagerBean implements CalculationManager {
  |
  |    @In Calculation calculation
  | }

Now on a special page i want to manipulte a list wich is an attribute of the calculation object. I thought a component with ScopeType.PAGE is a good candidate to offer the methods to add change and remove list elements. So i wrote a component which injects the calculation object.

  | @Name("listmanager")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.PAGE)
  | public class ListManager implements Serializable{
  |
  |    @In
  |    Calculation calculation;
  |
  |    @DataModel
  |    List<ListItem> list;
  |
  |    public void addItem() {
  |       list.add(item);
  |       calculation.setList(list);
  |    }

I want to save the manipulated list in the calculation object whenever the list changes. The problem is that if i call the setter method it has no effect on the calculation method.

I guess is accociated with the scope, so conversion is longer than page. But i dont have a proper solution or a better way to achieve what i want.

Help would be great.
regards,hasc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090213#4090213

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090213