[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Warning: do not use Seam managed pesistent context for B

koenhandekyn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 1 10:13:55 EDT 2007

The good news is that indeed, a joinTransaction() call does the job with @In injected entityManager.

anonymous wrote : Of course the @Injected EM will not join the transaction automatically because the transaction is started AFTER injection, when the method is called

i think i understand your remark: seam injection occurs just in front of each method invocation and the transasction is only started in the method!

however, @PersistenceContext injection occurs somewhere at bean creation and even earlier if i understand well.

so while I think I understand the seam behaviour now (joining makes sense),  i'm still confused why i don't have to do a joinTransaction with @PersistenceContext injected entityManager (where does the join happen?) and why the behaviour should be different.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090276#4090276

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090276