[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Update to JBoss IDE beta3 -> lots of problems ...

tdemuth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 1 17:43:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

tonight I have updated to JBoss IDE beta3, because the packaging-mechanism refuses to work in my beta2-installation from now on (I don't know why, its telling me something of "Internal Error: beginRule path/in/my/workspace doesn't match surrounding context another/path/not/in/my/workspace" - I don't know what the problem is, it run perfectly all the time until now ... Maybe it is an issue with AJDT, but disabling AJDT didn't solve the problem.).

But now, I'm unable to start and stop the JBoss AS from the IDE ("Failed to boot JBoss:
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: url file:/conf/jboss-service.xml could not be opened, does it exist?" - it exists and there aren't any restrictions for accessing that file, it is not write-locked or something like that / Running JBoss AS from the console works perfectly fine.) and the packaging-mechanism seems to have disappeared totally (Missing Builder org.jboss.ide.eclipse.packaging.core.PackagingBuilder).

The trouble with beta3 began even earlier: When downloading JBossTools-2.0.0beta3-ALL-win32.zip, files like eclipse.exe etc are missing in the download. It seems that there is no more bundled download (Eclipse + JBossTools). But that was what I expected from the ALL download. I installed Eclipse Europa and did an update from the JBoss-Update-site, which led to the above described issues.

I really liked to work with beta2, but I'm missing important features from beta2 in beta3. How can I fix my issues?

kind regards
Tobias

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090436#4090436

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090436