[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Semantics of @Name, @DataModelSelection

djfjboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 2 10:52:37 EDT 2007

Many thanks once again for your help.

I'm finding progress with Seam frustratingly slow.  It sounds like a very powerful technology that should be a great productivity aid but, although the examples look straightforward, when I come to try them there are hidden subtleties and inconsistencies that continue to trip me up (perhaps they're not so straightforward!).

In addition there are oddities such as the commented out @RequestParameter annotation that's not even explained in the book.  I'm reading Yuan/Heute and Nusairat in parallel, neither is the best text book I've ever encountered - the RoR books put them both to shame.

Do you have any suggestions for better sources of understanding?  A clear explanation of the underlying concepts and the semantics of the annotations would hopefully go a long way to dispelling some of my confusion and frustration.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090696#4090696

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090696