[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JBossWS-2.0.1.GA SOAP 1.2 Web service Problem/issue

govindaattal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 3 02:13:03 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I was creating Web service with SOAP 1.2 binding

bottom-up approach....

  | @WebService(name="DLSOAP12Service", targetNamespace="ws.soap12.dlservice" )
  | @SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.DOCUMENT)
  | @BindingType(value="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/bindings/HTTP/")
  | public class DLSOAP12Service
  | {
  | 	public String echoString(String input)
  | 	{
  | 		return input;
  | 	}
  | }

In JBOSS when I looked at the corresponding WSDL in the list of registered service endpoints, I found that the binding with which web service was exposed was of SOAP 1.1

'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/'

I later found from messages on conosle that though according to WSDL web service was exposed with SOAP 1.1 Binding it actually expected SOAP 1.2 envelopes in the messages.

  | 11:14:58,791 WARN  [SOAP12BindingJAXWS] Expected SOAP-1.2 envelope, but got: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/

When client invoked web service with messages in SOAP 1.2 envelopes JBOSS server cmd console didn't gave any warning messages...

Please correct if my observations can be disregarded.

When I created web service in a top-down approach using wsconsume task, it gave me following message

  | C:\jboss-4.0.5.GA\bin>wsconsume.bat -k e:\SOAP12\DLServiceSOAP12.wsdl
  | parsing WSDL...
  |

  | [WARNING] Ignoring SOAP port "DLServiceSOAP12": it uses non-standard SOAP 1.2 binding.
  | You must specify the "-extension" option to use this binding.
  |   line 613 of file:/e:/SOAP12/DLServiceSOAP12.wsdl
  |
  | [WARNING] Service "DLServiceSOAP12" does not contain any usable ports. try running wsimport with -extension switch.
  |   line 611 of file:/e:/SOAP12/DLServiceSOAP12.wsdl
  |
  | generating code...

It didnot generate Webservice endpoint interface and client class at all! I was unable to figure out how should I put use of the 'WARNING' that wsconsume tool gave me!

Thanks & Regards,
Govinda Attal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090889#4090889

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090889