[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Maven Dependency Profiles

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 3 17:31:13 EDT 2007

Oops, that stuff should have been deleted.

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/SeamPublishedToMaven (now copied into the docs) is your best guide.

Michael also blogged about this: http://www.michaelyuan.com/blog/2007/10/02/jboss-seam-project-setup-with-maven/

We need feedback and ideas about how to best use the Maven support.

Profile support definitely needs to split down library/deployment lines as you suggest.  Unfortunately I think Maven 2.0 doesn't offer great support for this (it's just fine if you use the seam root pom as your parent pom, but many people don't like this idea and I understand why).

You can expect to see profiles appearing in the root pom pretty soon (to support the examples).

I understand its dependency profiles are better in Maven 2.1 - I plan to look at this soon.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091245#4091245

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091245