[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Functionality difference between EntityHome and EntityCo

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 4 16:20:52 EDT 2007

In my (limited) experience:

EntityHome is most useful when you need to do CRUD operations on a single entity.  It makes it super-convenient if you do things the "seam-gen way".

If you don't want to do things that way, it can be hard to work with.  So, for example, if you want a component that does CRUD simultaneously on multiple entity objects, then I think you're better off with an EntityController.

EntityHome extends EntityController, by the way, which is why most of the methods are the same.  EntityController really just provides a ton of convenience methods.

I find that I use EntityController more often than EntityHome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091726#4091726

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091726