[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Cache not accessible from different methods ?

BruceSpringfield do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 5 07:54:19 EDT 2007

Out of curiosity, which version of POJO Cache are you using?

"jacobeukes" wrote :
  | Would it be possible to post the configuration file (in which you specify the MBean configuration) ?

Here is a minimal config you could use to deploy POJO Cache as an MBean.  It is for POJO Cache version 1.4.1 which is the default POJO Cache that comes with JBoss 4.2.1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

"jacobeukes" wrote :
  | I have tried to configure and deploy it as an MBean and also tried running it as a standalone application (as part of a test), but I am just not having any luck.

The MBean deployment can be quite dependent on getting the right config attributes.  If the attibutes or settings aren't quite right, you can get a lot of errors or unexpected behaviour.

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Bruce's case probably worked since when you retrieve the cache from an MBean server rather than create a new one each tme, both cases use the same cache.

Manik is absolutely correct.  With an MBean deployment, every access to the cache is accessing the same MBean.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091949#4091949

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091949