[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 2.0.0.CR2: lib jars have lost their versions

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 5 17:08:38 EDT 2007

First thing I note when trying to copy new jars to my project: most of the bundled jar files have changed names - what used to be foo-x.y.z.jar is now just foo.jar.  CR1 is somewhat inconsistent - some jars had explicit version names, some didn't.  CR2 does away with version numbers in jar names altogether. Boo!

I would strongly prefer that Seam adopt the "everything has a versioned name" convention to make it self documenting via "ls" what jar versions are being used.  It is very tedious to have to peek inside each jar looking at MANIFEST.MF to find out what version of each third party library is in play...

Is it too late?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092188#4092188

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092188