[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 2.0.0.CR2: lib jars have lost their versions

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 5 17:39:53 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : I think /build/root.pom.xml ought to be enough for figuring out versions, so I don't think a VERSIONS.txt file is necessary.

Perhaps so.  My experience on a previous project that used Maven's ant dependency management plugin (as seam-gen apparently does now), is that the explicit dependencies in the pom.xml only tell you so much -- the transitive dependencies that bring in jars indirectly can be difficult to predict.  Fortunately, when using maven dependencies directly, the resulting jars have versioned names (:)), so one could always tell what version it ended up choosing.

I don't want this to turn into a religous argument - i just want an "easy" way to tell what version of any given jar Seam has decided to bundle for me -- so when I add a new jar that also depends on, say, commons-digester.jar, I can quickly tell if it is compatible with the one I've already got.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092202#4092202

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092202