[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - How to exclude parts of my app from AOP?

pickuptruck do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 8 11:36:25 EDT 2007

JDK5.0, JBoss-4.0.5.GA, EJB3, JSF, Seam.  We've been suffering from performance degradation as our app grew larger (I mean startup time, it's important for rapid development), so we decided to take the time and do some profiling.  It turned out that about 80% of the app's deployment time is spent in a single method call somewhere in Javassist.  I recompiled Javasssist to print the name of every classfile it tries to parse.  Every lib from our .ear went through it, some classes even multiple times (improper classloader configuration, I guess), even though all we need aspectized is a handful of EJBs.

I was wondering, is there some easy switch, some XML file which I can edit, to prevent each and every jar file bundled in the .ear from being parsed?  I am an AOP freshman of course, and I'd be grateful if I don't have to read a ton of docs before achieving this simple goal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092640#4092640

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092640