[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Our project is also hurting from this change

gcomnz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 8 12:31:37 EDT 2007

I just figured I should throw in my two-cents that our project is also hurting from this change to not have the version number on the lib.

I know that lots of people say to just look at the maven descriptors, but trying very hard not to start a religious war, we don't do Maven any more in our projects, in our judgment it just wasted our time and couldn't be used in production environments anyway. (I'm appalled if anyone *does* use automated dependency downloads in production, so I'm hard-pressed to see us as unique.)

I'd understand a preference against version numbers being reasonable in a non-public project, but in this case, the framework is all about bringing many disparate libraries together into a useful whole, and so the rest of us really want to be able to eyeball the version numbers used.

In any case, we'll maintain the version numbers on our files if we have to, but it's just a lot harder for us to keep up if they are buried in a pom file somewhere.

Thanks for at least considering an adjustment back to what as far as I know is a fairly accepted convention.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092662#4092662

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092662