[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Want to change the default page as my webapp's page

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 08:19:38 EDT 2007

"vmayakri" wrote : Hi,
  |  Instead of removing the ROOT.war, is it possiblt to make this as default?

OK, i get what you are saying. I guess, you are worried about deleting the ROOT.war. Fair enough. I just tried the following on my setup and got it working:

1) Rename ROOT.war (present in server/xxx/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/ or server/xxx/deploy/jboss-web.deployer depending on the JBoss version you are using) to some other name (Let's rename it to jboss-webconsole.war for simplicity).

2) Create a jboss-web.xml file in *your web-application's WEB-INF folder* containing the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

This should get the desired result. Now, whenever you access http://localhost:8080, your application will be considered the default application. Also, your concern that the ROOT.war web-application (which actually is the JBoss web console) will be lost, is addressed by this approach, as you can now access it using http://localhost:8080/jboss-webconsole (or whatever you renamed ROOT.war to).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092984#4092984

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092984