[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - @EJB in a web service

trippstowe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 11:37:43 EDT 2007

I am having some problems with dependency injection of an ejb in a webservice on jboss 4.0.5. What am i doing wrong?

The below code i have also tried @EJB without any parameters:
Also i could not get the setter to work either. it never entered the setter and displayed the logs.

  | 	@EJB(name="LookupTest/remote",
  | 		 beanInterface=RemoteLookupTest.class)
  | 	RemoteLookupTest ps;
  |
  | /*	public void setPersonService(RemoteLookupTest newPs){
  | 		log.info("injecting new personService: "+newPs);
  | 		this.ps = newPs;
  | 		log.info("injected personService: ps="+ps);
  | 	}
  | */
  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	public Person queryPerson(long personId) throws RemoteException{
  | 			System.out.println(ps.getName());
  | 	}

this code gives me a null pointer exception at the ps.getName();

this next code snippet is the next function in the web service and it works fine. this makes me think that the bean is deployed correctly.

  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	public void testLookupBean() throws RemoteException{
  | 		try{
  | 			Context  ctx = new InitialContext();
  | 			String jndiName = "LookupTest/remote";
  | 			RemoteLookupTest obj = (RemoteLookupTest)ctx.lookup(jndiName);
  | 			System.out.println(obj.getName());

thanks in advance

-==-

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093087#4093087