[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Create New Entity -> Page Round Trip & Update autoincrem

griffitm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 11:51:02 EDT 2007

In the struts world, I've dealt with this by getting the ID after update and explicitly updating my model with the id after the DB update. This is usually done in the struts action class.

Is there a similar metaphor for doing this in seam? Do I need to have a stateless session bean that updates something? I am not quite sure how this would map back to my model or page parameter.  I can't believe this is a difficult problem, only one where I do not know where the answer lives.

Anyone have the same problem and overcome it? Any help would be much appreciated!

MG

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093100#4093100

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093100