[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Problem deploying jbpm-console

clecompt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 18:13:44 EDT 2007

I'm currently trying to deploy the 3.2.2 jbpm-enterprise.ear in a jboss application server configured to use the JBossWebClassloader (it needs to since another app depends on this).  I have moved the myfaces jars to the jbpm-console.war/WEB-INF/lib directory within the ear and added a jboss-app.xml file to partition the class loader for the ear.  This setup seems to work fine on my local machine which is windows XP using the JBOSS supplied with the suite (modified accordingly).  On Solaris however, I receive the error:

http-0.0.0.0-18950-1 2007-10-09 18:12:22,097 | ERROR | session=       | user=           | org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/jbpm-console].[Faces Servlet] | Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.ELResolverInitPhaseListener.populateFacesELResolverForJsp(ELResolverInitPhaseListener.java:135)
  | 	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.ELResolverInitPhaseListener.beforePhase(ELResolverInitPhaseListener.java:100)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.informPhaseListenersBefore(LifecycleImpl.java:520)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.restoreView(LifecycleImpl.java:105)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:66)
  | 	at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:244)

On the windows server instance I get a similar related message but the application appears fine and I can log in:

2007-10-09 18:09:52,770 ERROR [STDERR] Oct 9, 2007 6:09:52 PM com.sun.faces.lifecycle.ELResolverInitPhaseListener populateFacesELResolverForJsp
  | INFO: JSF1027: [null] The ELResolvers for JSF were not registered with the JSP container.

Could this be dependent upon the data source?  I have switched that to use an Oracle schema generated using the supplied database scripts.

Also, the version of the target JBOSS instance is 4.0.4 GA (the same build as the suite's server).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093222#4093222

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093222