[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - couldn't deserialize object

Nicos109 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 06:24:14 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've tried a very basic example of serializable variable in jbpm and it throws :
Error getting variable map: An exception of type "org.jbpm.JbpmException" was thrown. The message is: couldn't deserialize object

This action is triggered on "task-start" event

  | package com.action.creation;
  |
  | import java.util.Vector;
  |
  | import org.jbpm.graph.def.ActionHandler;
  | import org.jbpm.graph.exe.ExecutionContext;
  |
  | public class BasicAction implements ActionHandler {
  |
  | 	private static final long serialVersionUID = 9087034555867614310L;
  |
  | 	public void execute(ExecutionContext executionContext) throws Exception {
  | 		Vector myVector = new Vector();
  | 		myVector.add("elem1");
  | 		myVector.add("elem2");
  | 		executionContext.getContextInstance().createVariable("myVector",myVector);
  | 	}
  | }

Then I try to use the variable in the xhtml file for this task :

  | <c:forEach var="elem" items="#{var['myVector']}" >
  |   <h:outputText value="$elem"/>
  | </c:forEach>

When I try to get the variable from the action class, it works. So the exception is thrown by the forEach tag.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Nicolas.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093405#4093405