[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: ClassCastException/instanceof fails when getting object

jorgemoralespou_2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 08:06:44 EDT 2007

We have relied on default flat classloaders for JBoss AS, so all of our applications can have access to all others. You only have to take care of just bundling the jar file with model classes in one of your apps.

In our case we have:
core.ear --> With model classes, jboss caches, and core infraestructure.
app1.ear --> Which uses cache. No model classes bundled.
app2.ear --> Which uses cache. No model classes bundled.
app3.war --> Which uses cache. No model classes bundled.

Before we have had problems with this kind of layout, because we used model classes, used JBC persistance to DB, and as applications started, some model classes were not found. So we decided just to put in cache Maps of primitive wrappers, or classes bundled in core, which was the application deserializing from cache.

Hope this helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093443#4093443

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093443