[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Passivation-can its time of occurance be controlled?(4.2

konkimalla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 11:19:34 EDT 2007

Thanks for the timely response as this was critical. I started with testing by adding the annotation and it works fine. Then, removed the code and edited the xml file and even then it works fine (no passivation). I edited the file both in clustered/nonclustered and passivation is being stopped.
However, I am not sure the editing of the xml file will cause other problems. Following are the changes I made.

1) First test: stopping passivation for all beans. Added the following lines to domain = "Stateful Bean".

      anonymous wrote : '<'annotation expr="!class(@org.jboss.annotation.ejb.cache.Cache)">
  | 	         @org.jboss.annotation.ejb.cache.Cache (org.jboss.ejb3.cache.NoPassivationCache.class)
  |       '<'/annotation>

2) Second test: stopping passivation for a specific bean (only one stateful bean in def package) . Added the following lines to domain = "Stateful Bean".

       anonymous wrote : '<'annotation expr="!class(@com.aaa.bbb.ccc.def.*)">
  | 	         @org.jboss.annotation.ejb.cache.Cache (org.jboss.ejb3.cache.NoPassivationCache.class)
  | '<'/annotation>

Can you please confirm the correctness of the changes made to the xml file?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093547#4093547

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093547