[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityHome wire() and isWired()

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 13:59:23 EDT 2007

As Pete said in another thread earlier today:

anonymous wrote : seam-gen is a tool for quickly bootstrapping an application - it's not  supposed to generate code you put straight into production.

>From my perspective as a Seam user (not a Seam committer), good documentation on how the Seam-gen'd classes and facelets work is pretty essential.  They are the defacto way that Seam apps are constructed.  The Seam propaganda encourages new projects to use Seamgen.

But the reality is that the generated files are really just a starting point for adaptation to a working application.  As it is, there is scarce info about how the dozens of functions in EntityHome and EntityList are intended to be used and extended. Most of the functions don't even have javadoc.

The Seam reference manual has gotten quite a bit better from 1.2.1 to 2.0.0 (e.g. I found the sequence diagram for authentication quite enlightening) -- but I still don't see good examples of how the seamgen'd classes work and how they are expected to be extended (isWired(), wire(), getDefinedId(),  etc.).  None of the supplied examples use a seam-gen bootstrapped architecture, so we're left with no docs and no examples...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093648#4093648

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093648