[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: BPEl Problem: Assign with Literal values

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 18:47:04 EDT 2007

Agus,

The literal variant is definitely supported. Strangely, the error you posted is not reported on the from element but on the to element:
/bpws:process/bpws:sequence/bpws:assign/bpws:copy/bpws:to
Plus, the expression text is empty:
expression=org.jbpm.bpel.sublang.def.Expression at 11c2812[text=,id=0]
Which leads me to think that the document you posted is not exactly what you deployed.

Anyway, for string literals, the expression variant of from can produce the same result as the literal variant as illustrated below.
<bpws:assign>
  |   <bpws:copy>
  |     <bpws:from>'URL not found'</bpws:from>
  |     <bpws:to>$output.response/tns:Country</bpws:to>
  |   </bpws:copy>
  | </bpws:assign>
In the Eclipse designer, you just have to select the expression variant and type the string literal in the expression box.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093769#4093769

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093769