[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: ejb3 and NO_THROW_ON_ERROR, how can it be set.

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 19:40:58 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | We changed the code off the remoting library for testing purposes to ensure that exceptions are as well sent back as http 200 and get proper encoded (as in the standard case). This works but I do not feel too comfortable with this solution-

After further consideration, I came to the same conclusion and implemented a fix for JBREM-813 "ServletServerInvoker should return an exception instead of just an error message" (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBREM-813).

The fix is available in Remoting release 2.2.2.SP2, which is available in the repository (http://repository.jboss.com/jboss/remoting/).

I tested the solution with the example in the wiki page "Accessing_EJB3s_over_HTTP_HTTPS" (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Accessing_EJB3s_over_HTTP_HTTPS), and it works, with a couple of amendments:

1. The JBREM-813 page discusses the need to add to the Connector configuration the parameter "return-exception" set to "true".

2. There seems to be a typo in the wiki example.  In particular, CalcluatorHttpBean uses the annotation

  | @RemoteBinding(clientBindUrl="http://localhost:8080/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServlet")

which should be changed to

  | @RemoteBinding(clientBindUrl="servlet://localhost:8080/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServlet")

That is, the transport is the servlet transport rather than the http transport.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093789#4093789

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093789