[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Can EntityConverter handle different EntityManagers?

wiberto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 20:52:29 EDT 2007

Here's my situation, the application I'm wiriting uses two entityManagers. One is called entityManager and the other anotherEntityManager. I had a form on the page with a select that was populated from the anotherEntityManager. I was getting erros about the entity being unknown, and then I read about the entityConverter using entityManager by default.

I see how I can change that, but what I want to do is tell the s:convertEntity at runtime what entityManager to use, because if I do it in the components.xml it will be hardcoded to that one. Unless there is a way to define to entityConverters then I will be fine with that approach also.

Does my question make sense?

Thanks,

Jose

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093803#4093803