[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Context

axismundi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 11 06:29:39 EDT 2007

YES, it is a classical classloader problem.

I was putting the class mypgk.ImportManager not only in the ejb.jar, but also in mywar.war/WEB-INF/lib.
After removing the class from WEB-INF/lib, no ClassCastException anymore.

I am fully aware of the type-incompatibility when loaded from different class-loaders. But I don't understand one thing.
JBoss is based on a hierarchical class-loader, right?
classes in app.ear are also available in deployment-units inside of the EAR, but not in "sibling-deployment-units".

The scenario:
mypkg.ImportManager.class is available in ejb-package.jar ONLY.
How can this class be loaded in webapp.war deployment-unit without being deployed ??
I'd expect a ClassNotFoundException !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093965#4093965

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093965