[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Application Context availability

harpritt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 11 17:41:24 EDT 2007

Hiya gents and ladies.... (i wish there were more female programmers)

My Seam app is coming along really really well... im extreamly chuffed with it.... i actually feel a bit guilty for having had so much fun using SEAM.....

anyway, im writting a servet that gets initialized durring application start to act as a global notifier of resource availability.

what i want it to do is simply check a resource e.g. my cvs server  and it to add a parameter to the application context indicating its status.

i can then check the application context from anywhere in my app for resource status.

im having a shed load of trouble trying to get a hold of the Application context

  | // Add parameter to Application context ... ARGGHHH!
  |
  | }

.. ive got myself very confused... to the point where i cant even remember what the difference between the application scope and context are... google aint helping....

Anyway .... all help as allways is greatly apprieciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094285#4094285

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094285