[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: warning using richfaces

computabloke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 01:40:40 EDT 2007

Hi Pete.

Thanks for taking an interest, sorry I don't have the time to distill a complete runnable app for Jira atm. But I'll provide some more info...

pages.xml fragment:
<page view-id="/jsf/wiplist.xhtml">
  | 		<begin-conversation pageflow="selectClientFlow" join="true"/>
  | 	</page>

jpdl fragment:
<pageflow-definition name="selectClientFlow" xmlns="http://jbpm.org/3/pageflow-1.0"
  | 	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  | 	xsi:schemaLocation="http://jbpm.org/3/pageflow-1.0 pageflow-1 0.xsd">
  |
  | 	<start-page name="wipList" view-id="/jsf/wiplist.xhtml">
  | 		<transition name="wipClientSearch" to="wipClientSearch" />
  | 	</start-page>
  |
  | 	<page name="wipClientSearch" view-id="/jsf/wiplistclientsearch.xhtml">
  | 		<transition name="close" to="wipList" />
  | 	</page>
  |
  | </pageflow-definition>

The issue occurs navigating from the app's effective 'index' page (wiplist.xhtml) to wiplistclientsearch.xhtml through a 'wipClientSearch' outcome; then clicking the 'close' button to return to wiplist.xhtml. Any subsequent navigation to this will be an 'Illegal Navigation' since FacesPage.pageFlowCounter = 0, but PageFlow.counter is 2.

It's like the Page-scope FacesPage instance isn't being reloaded correctly; a new one is created, but the PageFlow doesn't know about it.

This navigation system worked fine with Seam 1.2.1GA and RF 3.0.0/A4J 1.1.0.

After a bit more looking around, I'm thinking http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=119254
may have something to do with it.

I'm going to try Seam 2.0CR2 and Richfaces CVS to see if they're any better (and don't cause me other issues along the way). If it's still an issue I'll Jira this for you.

Thanks,
   David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094356#4094356

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094356