[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Mobile phone/J2ME <-> JBoss - anyone with starting point

trustin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 05:44:19 EDT 2007

I think we need to provide a JME client that is dedicated to JME platform, not like the current approach to maintain the same codebase.

For example, we could define a very simple protocol that can be implemented very easily in JME and provide the support for that  protocol in Remoting.  Remoting server should be able to serve multiple protocols at once of course, as it is today in Remoting 2.

On the mobile device side, we could provide very simple and JME-compatible API, which is different from the mainstream client API.

Once Remoting 3 starts to use MINA, we will never be able to implement JME client with Remoting 3 codebase at all, so I think this is the way to go.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094442#4094442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094442