[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Overriding universal classloader, JBoss 4.2.1GA

jimpo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 07:24:02 EDT 2007

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | I looked for this class in the hibernate jars and found that this specific class is located in the hibernate-annotations.jar. This jar is located in the server/< serverName>/lib folder. I *think* i am some what understanding what the problem might be. I believe, you do not have this  hibernate-annotations.jar in the WEB-INF/lib folder. I would recommend that you include this hibernate-annotations.jar in the WEB-INF/lib folder of your application. At this point, i cant say which version of hibernate-annotations.jar should be included in your lib folder. It will depend on the version of hibernate your application is using. Currently JBoss-4.2.x ships with Version: 3.2.1.GA of this jar.

Actually I did have hibernate-annotations (3.3.0.GA) in my WEB-INF/lib.

I'll try to find some time to hack up a simple demo app that uses Spring and has this problem with 4.2.1. My current app has tens of jars and has too much confusing details that are not relevant to this problem. I'm afraid I will not have time to do this right away, but I'll try not to leave it hanging. I'm curious to what is going on (other than "4.2.1 classloading is weird").

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094484#4094484

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094484