[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Transaction does not time out

ascheucher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 08:00:14 EDT 2007

Hi!

I wrote a JUnit test to be sure to have understood and configured my JBoss TransactionTimeout correctly.

The general timout ist set in the deployment directory jta-service.xml to 1000 seconds:

  | <server>
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |    <!-- Transactions                                                         -->
  |    <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |    <!-- The configurable Xid factory.  For use with Oracle, set pad to true -->
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.tm.XidFactory"
  |       name="jboss:service=XidFactory">
  |       <!--attribute name="Pad">true</attribute-->
  |    </mbean>
  |
  |    <!--
  |       | The fast in-memory transaction manager.
  |     -->
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.tm.TransactionManagerService"
  |       name="jboss:service=TransactionManager"
  |       xmbean-dd="resource:xmdesc/TransactionManagerService-xmbean.xml">
  |       <attribute name="TransactionTimeout">1000</attribute>
  |       <!-- set to false to disable transaction demarcation over IIOP -->
  |       <attribute name="GlobalIdsEnabled">true</attribute>
  |       <depends optional-attribute-name="XidFactory">jboss:service=XidFactory</depends>
  |       <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
  |    </mbean>
  | </server>

As I need a call to a stored procedure in a database I needed to extend the timeout, but did not want to do this for the whole application. So I set the TransactionTimout on the method implementation with the @TransactionTimout(value=1200) annotation. So far so good.

To test the standard behavior I created a second method without it's own TransactionTimout. So it should cause a TransactionTimeout after 1000 seconds. But it does not!

I did a grep for TransactionTimeout in all configuration and deploy directories of my jboss, but could not find any other configuration. So I am stuck now. :-(

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
greets, Andreas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094504#4094504