[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor and Stateful Session Be

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 08:43:43 EDT 2007

"wschwendt" wrote : My understanding of the ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor (which could be wrong)  is that it serves to ensure that Entities referenced by a stateful component such as a stateful session bean (SFSB) maintain their object identity within the JVM even across passivations and reactivations of this stateful component.

Exactly.

anonymous wrote : This raises the question: Can it happen that the EJB container passivates and then reactivates this SFSB between the different calls to this SFSB?  (I'd assume yes, but could be wrong).

  | If I'm not wrong with my "yes"-assumption, don't we need the  ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor added to this event-scoped SFSB component to maintain the object identity of any Entity instances referenced by the SFSB?

The default timeout in JBoss AS is 6 minutes and its very unlikely the event scope would be this long.  I think we are assuming some sense on the part of the developer here ;)  And of course for every interceptor on a bean there is a performance overhead.

WDYT?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094540#4094540

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094540