[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: maxMessages

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 09:18:49 EDT 2007

"Renen" wrote :
  | I would very much like to get better clarity on the definition of maxSession and maxMessages, so if anybody can shed any light, I'm listening!

MaxSessions is the number of concurrent threads delivering messages.

e.g. 15 messages arrive and are delivered concurrently on 15 threads.

MaxMessages is defined in the spec for ServerSessionPool, it is the number
of messages that are received before it delivers the messages.

e.g. 3 messages arrive and are delivered one after the other (in different transactions)
on the same thread.

I'd ignore MaxMessages (leave it a 1).
It is a stupid optimization (slightly reduces context switching)
that increases latency unless you have continous and high throughput of messages.

i.e. one message arrives but it will sit there and not be delivered until MaxMessages
have arrived.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094566#4094566

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094566