[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: WTP2.0.1, JBossAS-Tools-1.0.0.beta4 not publishing corre

dlmiles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 12 13:23:48 EDT 2007

"rob.stryker at jboss.com" wrote : Thanks for all your help in this. I really wish I could have dedicated more to it before you did, but hey, thats hte benefit of community right?

  | >> What does this idiom "copied = copied &&" do ?
  |
  | That's my attempt to make sure *all* files were copied correctly. If any single file is not copied, the end value of copied would be false.

Yes sure on the community comment.

I still don't understand the "copied = copied &&" I can't see how it works (even if you presume an optimizing JVM does not remove the operation due to redundancy).  Its a single "=" character, if it were a compare operator then that would fail fast (as oppose to try to copy everything with best effort) even though copied is not set to anything other than 'true' AFAIS.

"max.anderson at jboss.com" wrote : I never seen anything in that tmp file location you mention - it just contains a profile.dat file which I think just represents the last list of resources that have been copied ?

Can you be more specific?  Are you windows or linux ?

Have you ever create a Tomcat runtime and WAR/DWP deployed to it ?  Have you even created JBoss runtime using WTP driver and deployed to it ?  If no and no then I wouldn't expect to see much in the directory if you've never had a publish failure.

What is the specific path on your computer you are looking at ?

Can you confirm the absolute path to your JBoss runtime, I have not verified if the problem I see is re-creatable on windows by having JBoss runtime on a different drive letter.  I'm not sure if windows has rename magic (which turns out to  be a file copy) if you rename a file across drive letters.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094712#4094712

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094712