[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Saving clients time.. installing/setting up jBPM

Ithkul do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 14 07:09:55 EDT 2007

Hello

I've got the pleasure to look at jBPM as a potential system for a client. The demo (video) of the system looks fast and easy. Sadly the installing procedure is complicated and time consuming.

On my personal computer I already had eclipse. I jumped at it and followed readme files, getting started etc. But still was not able to get my current eclipse working with jBPM. So I installed a new eclipse into the designer folder. Worked like a charm.

My current problem is getting it up and running towards the web, like in the demo. I made sure that /jbpm-console/ as server. and used the start.bat to config the server setting. Got some warnings and a frozen cmd-window. So I checked the forums found the advice to use:

"set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dhttp.proxyHost=192.168.10.254 -Dhttp.proxyPort=3128 -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000"

instead of
"set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000"

Still some warning presisted, but now the eclipse connection to the server worked. This whole prossess tok over 6 hours...

So my conclusive suggestion would be to make an easier installing prossess of jBMP? Like a ghosted image of a system with jBMP up and running on eclipse? Or something smaller that lets you get a *softer* first impression. I had to struggle to get it to work

Any feedback would be most welcome

Best regards,
Daniel Holth (Norwegian engineer)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094981#4094981