[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: custom portal file name

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 14 09:47:59 EDT 2007

"vinguye2" wrote : I'm building from source and would like to output the final artifact with a custom name like myapp-portal.sar instead of the default jboss-portal.sar.  Is this configurable somewhere as part of the current build scripts?

Why would that be? If you were using a proprietary software say IBM's or BEA's would you be able to rename their product to whatever you'd like? That might actually be a license agreement breach, in the case of proprietary software, though I am not a lawyer.

"vinguye2" wrote : Also, there isn't a clear separation between the core necessary components of JBoss Portal, and what is extra (i.e. administration component). It would be good if there were separate downloads for the core and the "bundled" portal package.

Actually, the default deploy target in the source distribution will only deploy that minimal core. I agree that it might be better documented though.

"vinguye2" wrote : I understand though that JBoss Portal is currently work in progress:)

Hmm, JBoss Portal is a mature piece of software with a roadmap, release schedule, etc. in use at major companies around the world... Just because it's open source doesn't mean that it's anymore a work in progress as you call it than any other competing products...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4094995#4094995

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4094995