[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - s:button action cannot resolve el expression

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 14 12:39:04 EDT 2007

Seam 2.0.0.CR1

I'm flumoxed.  I have a simple rich:dataTable that contains some items. I can happily print property values of the items, and even use s:link to dynamically invoke a view based on an object properly:

(this works):

  | <rich:dataTable id="pendingItems"
  |                 var="item"
  |               value="#{dashboard.pendingItems}" >
  |     <h:column id="action">
  |             <f:facet name="header">Item</f:facet>
  |         <s:link
  | 		value="Edit..." view="#{item.editorView}">
  | 		<f:param name="itemId" value="#{item.itemId}" />
  | 	</s:link>
  |     </h:column>

(the following, however, prints the item property as the value of the button name (demonstrating that item is definitely defined), but when I click on the button, I get
javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException with message: "Target Unreachable, identifier 'item' resolved to null"
Huh?

  |         <s:button value="Do Something to #{item.name}" action="#{item.doSomething}">
  |             <f:param name="itemId" value="#{item.itemId}" />
  | 	</s:button>

Perhaps the "item" object is in the wrong context (page vs. conversation?).  How can I cope?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095016#4095016

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095016