[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Context management for custom servlets

thatrichard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 14 14:39:41 EDT 2007

I'm using Seam-2.0.0.Beta1.  According to the docs:

anonymous wrote : 25.1.4.6. Context management for custom servlets

  | ...Seam provides a servlet filter that can be applied to any other servlet that needs access to Seam components.
  |
  | This filter allows custom servlets to interact with the Seam contexts. It sets up the Seam contexts at the beginning of each request, and tears them down at the end of the request

I'm reading this as saying that I can configure Seam to inject components into a simple on-JSF servlet.

The relevant bits of my servlet are as follows:

  | @Name("documentDownloader")
  | public class DocumentDownloadServlet extends HttpServlet {
  |
  | 	@Logger
  | 	private Log log;
  |
  | 	@In( create=true )
  | 	private Session hibernateSession;
  |
  | 	@Override
  | 	protected void doGet( HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response )
  | 			throws ServletException, IOException {
  |
  | //etc.

My components.xml file contains

  | <components xmlns="http://jboss.com/products/seam/components"
  | 	xmlns:web="http://jboss.com/products/seam/web"
  | >
  | <web:context-filter url-pattern="/dimmer/dim/*" />

However, no injection is taking place.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Richard