[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:button action cannot resolve el expression

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 14 20:01:52 EDT 2007

Thanks Pete.  That gets me closer -- I now invoke the proper action on the backing bean.

I left out a bit of detail in my original query - and that detail is still causing probs.  My backing bean has a "getHomeComponent()" function that does a Component.getComponent() on the proper EntityHome class - that's where my action method actually lives.  The action method is being called on the a proper Home object, but  h:commandButton is not interacting well with my page params, so the setFooFooId() function is never getting called - and I end up instantiating a new object with each action.  Is there a way to get s:button style page parameter behavior with an h:commandButton?

  | 	<h:commandButton value="Undelete"
  | 		action="#{item.homeComponent.unmarkForDeletion}">
  | 		<f:param name="clientClientId" value="#{item.clientId}" />
  | 	</h:commandButton>

(Thanks again Pete - do you ever sleep?)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095054#4095054

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095054