[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - actorId string

Olivier_Debels do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 04:56:23 EDT 2007

We are customizing jbpm and are using our custom identity package (user and role).

This works fine but I wonder why the decision was made to have a string for the actorId (in taskInstance and PooledActor).

I mean if I want to plug in my custom user and role I prefer to make a foreign key relation in the database, so that when assigning I have a pooled actor which has a foreign key (actorId) to my User and Role.

Wouldn't it be better to have an extra database table using a foreign key relation with actorId?  This database table can have a discriminator and the default implementation could have a string column (just like it is now).

My identity component can easily be plugged in by creating another subclass for this table (with links to my user and roles).

Any thoughts?

Olivier.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095140#4095140

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095140