[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Redeployment problems with WebRemote

Frippe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 07:29:22 EDT 2007

I have a WebRemote function which works well - part from one thing.
Every time I do some change to the application and redeploy it, the remote function doesn't work. I get the JS error anonymous wrote : Seam.Component.getInstance("cabinView").getRemoteCabin is not a function

If I check the generated script (seam/resource/remoting/interface.js?cabinView) it's almost empty.

The only way I know how to break this error, is to shut down JBoss completely, and reload it. . .

There must be another way, perhaps I need to reload some other files the the ones I reload now at deployment.

I use exploded archives while developing and I redeploy by copying the changed resources and do the following:

  | 		<touch file="${ear.deploy.dir}/META-INF/application.xml"/>
  | 		<touch file="${war.deploy.dir}/WEB-INF/web.xml"/>
  | 		<touch file="${jar.deploy.dir}/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml"/>

Perhaps I'm missing something here, I guess I don't know JBoss as good as I should :-P

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095192#4095192

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095192