[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: custom portal file name

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 15:11:48 EDT 2007

In 2.6.2, the news and weather pages are defined at jboss-portal.sar/samples/portal-news-samples.war/WEB-INF/default-object.xml and jboss-portal.sar/samples/portal-weather-samples.war/WEB-INF/default-object.xml, respectively.

Did you, by any chance, deploy the portal, and then later remove the 'samples' directory? In that case, the news and weather pages are still in the database, you will have to manually remove them using the Management Portlet.  When I work on my custom portal, I usually initialize the database before I deploy it. Then I am confident that what I see reflects my configuration settings and not information retained in the database. Of course, once I go into production all future updates are done using the Management Portlet.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095380#4095380

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095380