[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Starting up Asynchronous Method at startup

nickarls do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 15 16:24:42 EDT 2007

I have a similar problem, I need a thread to run with a certain interval, regardless of if someone is logged in or not.

I can't get a reaction to postInitialize, @Startup works but when I try to reference the asynchronous bean I get a "Could not instantiate Seam component: org.jboss.seam.async.dispatcher" because "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: X not bound" (X is the root of the ejb jndi-context?)

Tried various combinations of pojo and ejb for the asynchronous bean and I have <async:timer-service-dispatcher/> in my components.xml. Also tried various dependecies on the @Startup. Tried injecting the asynchronous bean, tried getting it from Components.

With and without chanting and waving a dead chicken across the keybord.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095398#4095398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095398