[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: using Tomcat to serve EJB requests

rupshall do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 16 16:20:57 EDT 2007

I hate to reanimate this post but it is exactly what I want to do.  I'm running Tomcat 5.5.23 and attempting to access EJB on a 4.0.5.GA JBoss server.

I have copied my jndi.properties into WEB-INF/classes and I have jbossall-client.jar in WEB-INF/lib.  I have 2 cases:
  1. When I have jbossall-client.jar in WEB-INF/lib in get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/CreateException
  2. When I move jbossclient-all.jar to shared/lib I get javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name UtilitiesFacadeEJB is not bound in this Context

In case 1 its clear it doesn't find the jbossall-client.jar, why would that be?  In case 2 it does find the required JBoss classes but is unable to locate the EJB.  It doesn't appear to be finding jndi.properties.

I tried to pass the -nonaming into the tomcat startup.sh script but my Tomcat instance doesn't appear to start when I do.

I have spend all day searching forums and google, trying everything I find with no luck.  Can somebody point me in the proper direction?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095780#4095780

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095780