[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Creating a secure development environment

MMirabito do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 16 22:01:58 EDT 2007

Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion. As far as I remember their concern was twofold
1)	a  worm making it's way from Jboss through some type of vulnerability and propagate  across the network like wildfire
2)	inability to shutdown or patch all the servers if they discover a vulnerability

I understand that these things need to be mitigated but I am not sure how effective is the suggestion of running from a vmware farm. I feel like we are taking 10 steps backward, but maybe this is where IT is going too.

I am compiling a list of alternatives so yours will be definitely at the top.

I think most companies would be running Jboss development on developer desktops, am I imagining things?  How do you guys do it?

If you or others have more ideas, either good or bad please feel free to share, I will take anything :-)

Thanks again,

Max

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095857#4095857

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095857