[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: How to configure the minsize and maxsize of connectionpo

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 10:13:07 EDT 2007

"liujw2001" wrote : Thank you for your help.

  | I have another question. If a ManagedConnection is used by connection, Can this ManagedConnection be matched with a new connecion?

PLEASE CREATE ONE THREAD PER QUESTION.
Multiple questions on one thread makes it very difficult to follow,
both for those answering the questions and those searching for answers
to similar questions later.

anonymous wrote :
  | If so, I have the following question:
  |
  |  If one connection "A" get a ManagedConnection from pool which is used by another connection "B". After the first one "A" finished and want to close, dose it have some effection to connection "B"? for example, if "A" invokes "close()", the ManagedConnection will invoke the "cleanup()" function, does it effect the connection "B"?  Is the ManagedConnection pushed into pool before the "A" finished ?

The connection does not "get" a ManagedConnection.

The ConnectionManager retrieves a "connection handle" for a ManagedConnection
to give to the user application.

Whether there are mutliple connection handles
for a ManagedConnection depends upon the ConnectionManager configuration
(e.g. transaction affinity or interleaving - not relevant in your case)
and what the application is doing
(e.g. opening multiple connections handles in the same transaction)

Regardless, the ManagedConnection won't be returned to the pool until ALL
connection handles associated with it are closed by the application(s)
(and in the case of transaction affinity until the transaction ends).

THIS IS ANSWERED IN THE SPEC. See the javaee connector architecture 1.5 spec available from www.jcp.org

If you think the spec is unclear, speak to the author(s). :-)
There will be an e-mail address associated with the spec where you can post comments.

anonymous wrote :
  | The second question is why jobss service does't invoke "mat{c}hManagedConnection{s}()" which is implemented in MyManagecConnectionFactory?

THIS IS ALSO SPEC DEFINED BEHAVIOUR, see the section on pooling.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096101#4096101

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096101