[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: conversations, propagations etc ... - need explanation

amashtakov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 11:13:06 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | Which version of Seam are you using? conversation-is-long-running-parameter is not included in latest (Seam 2.0.0.CR2) due to the addition of conversation-required.

I'm using 1.2.1GA

anonymous wrote :
  | The key to understanding conversations is the conversationId sent with the request. The conversationId is maintained along with the view (as you've discovered) and indicates to Seam what the foreground long-running conversation is.

I noticed two GET parameters [cid] and [clr] and it seems that the second
one is used in order to check whether the conversation is long running or not. But I do not understand how does the postback work - tried to
print out the request parameters but nothing about cid/clr:

anonymous wrote :
  | This is why the back-button just seems to work. If the user goes back to a previous view, the conversationId will be sent with that view in the request so our conversation context is restored (if it exists otherwise redirect to no-conversation-view-id).

How does the conversationId sent with that view ?
I checked seam-booking demo with back button - the page is restored, but
seems it's from browser's cache - server.log didn't included an extra request trace.

anonymous wrote :
  | Understanding the semantics is the key. As long as the appropriate conversationId is sent with the request, your conversation state will be restored.

As a GET parameter ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096140#4096140

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096140