[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam performance

gus888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 12:52:51 EDT 2007

"rdewell" wrote : Our primary scope types are EVENT and SESSION.  We were early adopters, and conversations just never worked quite right for us, so we didn't look back.
Are there any others who made long-running conversations work in production environment?
We also have a main problem on long running conversations:
If a user @Begin a conversation, he doesn't finish the whole conversation by @End the conversation, but he @Begin another long-running conversation (this happens in production), then system will through exception like below from "ConversationInterceptor" this:javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: begin method invoked from a long running conversation, try using @Begin(join=true) on method: createInstance
Based on I understand about the long-running conversation from Seam docs, click on @Begin with a id, system will check the existing conversations, if found, system will recover the conversation, otherwise, system will invoke a new conversation with the given id. @Begin without a id, system always invoke a new conversation with a new id. I don't know whether we can remove the following code from  ConversationInterceptor:             if ( isMissingJoin(method) )

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096194#4096194

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096194