[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: nested conversation question

pdpantages do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 13:00:59 EDT 2007

Hello valbsoft,

How do you start the nested conversation?

I ran into something similar a while ago, when I used something like:

@Begin(nested=true)
public String edit()

to start my conversation. The bean was created in the parent conversation.
The nested conversation was only started when edit() returned a non null outcome.

Since my edit method was called through s:link, I removed the
@Begin(nested=true)

and added
"propagation=nest"
to the s:link.

This caused the conversation to begin before edit() was called; I printed my conversationId from my @Create and @Destroy methods to verify that the object created/destroyed solely in the nested conversation.

The only issue I found is that, now, if my edit() returns null, the conversation is still started, and I need to manually call conversation.instance().end()/pop() to clean it up.

PdP

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096197#4096197

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096197