[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Authentication Failure

pdgillen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 14:39:14 EDT 2007

A secretive division of my company has installed a package that I need to access.  Earlier versions were security-less and the following code worked fine.  Now however with security turned on I get Authentication Failure exceptions.

Object  temObj	= ctx.lookup("foo/bar/Manager");
FooBarManager fbm = (FooBarManager)
   PortableRemoteObject.narrow(temObj, FooBarManager.class);

I could I suppose try to shoehorn myself into their Security Domain but that doesn't seem practicable.  Besides, what would I do if I wanted to access EJBs in 2 different domains?

It has been suggested that I create the InitialContext with a SECURITY_PRINCIPAL and SECURITY_CREDENTIALS but I can't get this to work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096243#4096243

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096243