[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Visual Editor Won't Start on Ubuntu 6 *with libxp6 installed

idarwin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 16:10:14 EDT 2007

Installed Eclipse 3.3.0 and JBossTools-2.0.0.beta4-ALL-linux-gtk.zip.

Platform is Ubuntu:

ian at speedy:~$ uname -a
Linux speedy 2.6.15-27-amd64-k8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 8 17:56:50 UTC 2006 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Message is:
The VPE editor can't be run because your system environment needs to be changed slightly.
Find out more.

The last line is a link to the Wiki page JBosstoolsVisualEditorFAQ which says that you need libxp. I did this:

sudo apt-get install libxp6
sudo apt-get install libxp-java

Restarted my X session and Eclipse, but still get the same message.
Close and re-open the RHDS Perspective, still get same message.
Closing and opening a different file in RH Html Editor still get the same message.

FWIW, in the RHDL Perspective, the online help does work correctly (as formatted HTML).

TIA!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096268#4096268

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096268